Already home to the county’s only Level I trauma center and regional burn center, the UCI Medical facility now offers the latest in medical technologies. Opened in 1976, it has grown to become a world-class medical center, garnering numerous distinctions, including:
- One of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S.News & World Report.
- First to receive the Magnet Designation for nursing excellence in Orange County.
- One of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by the Leapfrog Group.
- Only Comprehensive Cancer Center in Orange County – the highest honor bestowed by the National Cancer Institute.
- The only hospital in Orange County with a Level 1 trauma center. The facility is recognized as an Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
- The county’s most sophisticated Level III neonatal care unit to care for critically ill newborns.
- One of the first burn facilities in the nation and the only Orange County burn center verified by the American College of Surgeons and American Burn Association.
Ace Heaters LLC is proud of the contribution their units make in this prestigious and high-profile facility. Ace units were selected because they offer superior performance and reliability. Most important is the lasting impression the units created once installed and operated. What were the contractors overall impression of the Ace units? “Excellent” Phil Fillers, QAQC, of Pan Pacific Plumbing had to say. Allen Chan, Project Engineer with Control Air added, “Overall trouble-free installation and operation. Good units with steady steam output.”
Designed to optimize healing, the hospital features spacious, mostly private patient rooms. It includes the latest technological capabilities to address cancer, cardiac care, digestive diseases, neurological disorders, trauma and critical care, urological conditions and geriatric care.
The largest construction project in Orange County, the site is 482,428 square feet, with 7 stories (8 if you include the basement), 236 beds (bringing total beds to 424), 15 high-tech operating rooms, two dedicated cardiac catheterization lab suites, along with conference rooms, neonatal intensive care beds, and a state-of-the-art burn unit with eight beds.
Left: 3 Ace Mini-Pack semi-instantaneous units provide 140° F domestic hot water. These units are designed to heat water at 75 gpm from 55°F to 140°F, using 3153 lb/hr of steam at 30 psi to the control valve. Application serves kitchen needs.
Bottom: Two Ace unfired steam boilers that generate 2500 pounds of steam/hr at 70 psi from 180° F feed water with 3364 lbs per hours of saturated steam at 115 psi supplied to the control valve. Application services 47 humidifiers for OR and patient rooms